02 Jan LEONARD E. MONDSCHEIN, J.D., LL.M, CELA, CAP receives “The Jerome Solkoff Advocacy Award”
The Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (AFELA) presented “The Jerome Solkoff Advocacy Award” to Leonard E. Mondschein at the organization’s annual meeting in December, 2022. The annual award is given to an attorney in recognition of his or her advocacy and support of Florida’s elderly and disabled citizens.
The criteria considered in choosing the honoree:
1. Detailed accomplishments or achievements on behalf of elderly or disabled;
2. Demonstrated strategic thinking in organizing a legislative, agency or grassroots campaign;
3. Actively participated and helped a legislative action, agency action or grass roots efforts affecting the elderly or disabled;
4. Motivated others in their organizations to become involved in advocacy efforts;
5. Initiated coalitions amongst other organizations to advocate on behalf of the elderly or disabled:
6. Individually raised the visibility and, therefore, the influence on the practice of Elder Law;
7. Obtained measured success in advocacy efforts.